leaderboard

Tuesday 13 September 2016

Audacity

I was en route to the Dansoman station at Circle last Saturday around 9 pm. I didn't notice him at first. I did when he drew closer, walking beside me within arm's length reach. He grabbed my left forearm and made a statement in Hausa, methinks. I thought he was an acquaintance and was ready to engage him in a conversation (not in Hausa), until I heard the word 'phone' in the statement and saw a jack knife.


I yanked my arm from his grip, and with speed faster than light's, I bolted back to the main roadside.

I looked back and saw him stare at me with anger in his eyes, and then he walked on. I found another route and boarded my Dansoman-bound ‘troski’, hitch-free.

On the Monday that followed, when I was recounting the incident to a colleague in the office, I paused midway, and reflected on what I had just said. It struck me that there was a melee of people at the station, but that didn't deter the young man from trying to rob me of my valuables. I wondered what would motivate an individual to do that.

Sheer Audacity - that's what it is!

You think he didn't know there were people watching? The guy had guts. He believed he'll get away with it, or not. Yet he attempted.

Dear reader, this week I leave you with one word - AUDACITY!

Have the audacity to take that risk and stand by your decision, no matter what.

Have the audacity to start that business venture.

Have the audacity to stand up for what you believe in.

Have the audacity to listen to that still small voice that urges you on, drowning the noise of 
naysayers.

Have the audacity to chalk that feat people say is beyond your reach.

Ladies, have the audacity to walk up to that guy and propose. It doesn't always have to be the reverse. Let not 'culture' blind you.

Guys, this doesn't 'absolve' you if your ‘mouth is lazy’ (sic). Have the audacity to do it yourself.

Just have it. And if you lack it, fake it.


More Vim... Let's Go





No comments:

Post a Comment